
Does your ADD/ADHD child misplace or lose things? With my oldest it has always been a variety of things: jackets, pencils, backpacks, homework...his brain ;-) . But my 5 year old has one thing that he misplaces/loses, and I think it drives me even more batty than everything my oldest lost put together. It is ALWAYS his shoes. Every time (yes, really) we need to leave we are scrambling around looking for shoes. Oh, I should try to compensate for this, you say? I do. I start getting the kids ready an hour before we need to go anywhere, and somehow it always still comes down to those darn shoes. Some we have yet to find! I look everywhere...the shoe closet (duh, why would they be there?), his room, the bathroom, under the couches, under chairs, every room in the house, outside the doors, in front of the trampoline. The thing that kills me is sometimes one will be in the bathroom, while the other is buried in a pile of dirt, or in the oven (okay, not really). But still...I need a tracking GPS device just for my five year old's shoes.
I bought my oldest a new pair of school shoes in January. She wore them maybe twice before they mysteriously disappeared....GONE! It seems no matter what we do, we are always missing a shoe (or a pair of shoes). She's gotten to the point where when I ask her to go put on her shoes, she complains that she can't find them... without even looking! **siiigh**
ReplyDeleteOh Emily. :P I'm glad someone can relate!
ReplyDelete