Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why the drama? Oh, I see it's hereditary!

Sometimes I think how nice it would be to live in a quiet, organized, peaceful home. I'm not saying I live in the exact opposite. In fact, I quite adore the way my home feels much of the time. It feels like home. It's somewhere I can go to be safe, to feel love, to be ME! But my kids? Well, there's never a lack of drama around here. If I'm being completely honest, it's usually more than one drama going on at the same time. I'm not a very outgoing person myself. I'm a bit of a hermit, have a tendency to shy away from social situations, and prefer to have the attention on someone other than myself. But I realize I must be ADD, because among many other traits, I talk far too much. And I tend to go off on tangents...where were we? Oh, yes. Childhood drama. So, just the other day my little daughter (3) found and colored on my 5th grade journal. I felt a little upset...I've saved this journal for YEARS! But then I started reading through it, curious to see what my thoughts were when I was in the same grade my oldest is in now. And all I could do was laugh. I need to give my kid a break! I had WAY MORE drama in my life then, than he has now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment