So what are the odds of having a child with ADD/ADHD? According to Daniel G. Amen, M.D. (Healing ADD and Change Your Brain, Change Your Life), if one parent has ADD, then 60% of offspring will have it, but if two parents have ADD then 85-90% of offspring will have have ADD. Well, those are some pretty crappy odds, if you ask me. I think they're still crappy odds if you ask Dr. Amen too. So am I doomed? Or, rather, are my children doomed?
So far my oldest has it. He was diagnosed when he was nine. I liked the idea of blaming it on his father. We're divorced...obviously he must have been the problem, right? Well, maybe not. Apparently my second son is showing some serious problems in his pre-school class with high levels of distraction, fidgetation (yes, I just made up the word), and over-excitement. Sigh....here we go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment