GIVE ME A HALLELUJAH!!!
I have a feeling that this is going to be a great year for my boys (I reserve the right to take that statement back at any time). Why is it going to be a great year?
DS1 has a teacher that is organized, and structured, and fun, and calm, and very prepared to make sure the kids are bringing home their homework AND turning it in. She recognizes that not every child CAN do all the homework in the expected time, and is ready and willing to make adjustments as needed. She sends home weekly missing assignment sheets (novel!), and puts expected homework up on her website...wait for it...every day. EVERY DAY! Or at least she says. Oh, oh, and she has a system for parents to know what is important for THEM. Purple paper. Simple, but genius. We are stoked.
DS2 has the BEST kindergarten teacher in the world. No lie. Well, at least that is what we are told. As an added bonus, my hubby actually knows her...since she was a neighbor of theirs while he was growing up. That extra little love right there will go a LONG WAY. Her classroom is insanely organized, and she is so, so happy.
HUGE sigh of relief right now. I mean, I don't want my hopes to be up so far because my heart will break if they are dashed, but already this is better than what we had to deal with last year.
DS1 has a teacher that is organized, and structured, and fun, and calm, and very prepared to make sure the kids are bringing home their homework AND turning it in. She recognizes that not every child CAN do all the homework in the expected time, and is ready and willing to make adjustments as needed. She sends home weekly missing assignment sheets (novel!), and puts expected homework up on her website...wait for it...every day. EVERY DAY! Or at least she says. Oh, oh, and she has a system for parents to know what is important for THEM. Purple paper. Simple, but genius. We are stoked.
DS2 has the BEST kindergarten teacher in the world. No lie. Well, at least that is what we are told. As an added bonus, my hubby actually knows her...since she was a neighbor of theirs while he was growing up. That extra little love right there will go a LONG WAY. Her classroom is insanely organized, and she is so, so happy.
HUGE sigh of relief right now. I mean, I don't want my hopes to be up so far because my heart will break if they are dashed, but already this is better than what we had to deal with last year.
CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH??
Hallelujah, sister ;)...and I noticed the author of the book you're reading is also by Dr. *AMEN*!
ReplyDeleteWOOO HOOO. Sounds AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteHahaha Holly. So true. :)
ReplyDelete